Sunflower seeds are often considered a healthy companion of your snacks as they prevent thyroid. They also prove to be a powerful antioxidant and a great source of magnesium. Sunflower seeds can be mixed with cookies and curries.
Health Factors :
1. Sunflower seeds majorly balance cholesterol by infusing phytosterol into the body. Sunflower seeds contain a high level of phytosterols which has similar properties as cholesterol but it is healthier for the body.
2. They are considered mood enhancers. Sunflower seeds help in curbing the depression by promoting a healthy mood. Sunflower is considered a relaxant which reduces hypertension.
3. For heart health, sunflower seeds are excellent. Sunflower seeds contain 60% of vitamin E which severely reduces the risk of heart diseases. They also consist of folate acid.
4. They are also a great source of magnesium. Magnesium helps in keeping the nervous and immune system healthy. It also keeps heart free from several toxins.
5. Sunflower seeds are a powerhouse of antioxidants. Selenium, an anti-oxidant, is found in sunflower seeds in rich quantity. Selenium helps in repairing damaged cells of the body.