Spirulina Powder - The Star Of Superfood Powders
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that is often consumed in either powdered form or as a supplement. This green colored powder contains a variety of nutrients, like protein, B vitamins, beta-carotene, and Vitamin E to name a few. Spirulina is a potent antioxidant, full of minerals, chlorophyll, and phycocyanobilin. It is commonly used as a source of vegan protein and its high iron content is known to have positive effects on immunity.
Benefits of Spirulina Powder
According to studies, spirulina powder is helpful in preventing, treating, and curing a number of conditions such as high cholesterol, hypertension, depression, and malnutrition. Further, it is said to boost the immune system and improve kidney and liver function. Other surprising benefits of this magic powder include weight loss, increased energy, and vitality.
- Great Source of Wholesome Nutrition - Spirulina powder consists of high-quality protein along with Thiamin - a vitamin necessary for the digestion of fats and proteins. Spirulina has over 26 times more calcium than that in milk and is a favorite vegan supplement.
- High in Omega 3s and GLA - Spirulina powder is 65% protein and amino acids namely Gamma Linolenic Acid or GLA. This acid is hailed for its anti-inflammatory properties and in turn, prevents various diseases.
- Powerful Antioxidant - Spirulina powder protects the cells against any damage owing to its high antioxidant nature. The antioxidant found in spirulina is called phycocyanin and is known for its excellent inflammation-fighting capabilities.
- Builds Endurance and Physique - Spirulina powder produces the best fat-burning results when consumed along with regular exercise. Its high antioxidant content not only builds endurance but also leads to muscle gain.
- Detoxifies and Boosts Immunity - Rich chlorophyll content present in spirulina powder aids in removing toxins from the blood and promote natural detoxification. Hence a clean blood flow gives rise to enhance immunity.
How to Consume Spirulina Powder
Spirulina powder can be added to smoothies, rendering the drink with green color. Plus it can be sprinkled upon salads or in soups. You can also stir it into fruits and vegetable juices and relish the healthful dose of nutrition.